>> CCST Review Course Certified
This is a fast paced review of the knowledge required to properly install and maintain standard measurement and control instrumentation. It is designed specifically for practicing technicians preparing for the level I Certified Control Systems Technician (CCST) examination. An explanation of the examination process and practice taking a certification type exam is provided.
You will be able to :
- Cite principles and theory that explain measurement and control instrument functions.
- Describe procedures required to properly maintain the function of measurement and control instrumentation.
- Understand the procedures and safety requirements for loop checking and its purpose.
- Perform calculations and other analysis of information related to the calibration and troubleshooting of measurement and control instruments and systems.
- Describe procedures required to safety start-up and shut-down a new or existing process.
- Understand the education, experience, and examination requirements for becoming a CCST.
- Identify important knowledge and skill requirements of a practicing CCST.
- Describe the procedures involved in taking the CCST Level I exam.
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas.
- Complete a simulated CCST Level I Practice Exam at the end of each day.
You will cover :
- Concepts of Process Control .
- Domain 1: Calibration : Principles and Equipment / Methods and Calculations/ P & ID Basics/ Analysis and Documentation of Information.
- Domain 2: Loop Checking : Evaluation of Loop Performance/ P & IDS and ISA Standards/ Obtaining and Using Proper Documentation/ Installation Practices/ Hazardous Area Classification/ Intrinsic Safety.
- Domain 3: Troubleshooting : Logical Analysis / Common Problems/ Types and Uses of Loop Diagrams / Basics of Smart Devices and Digital Controllers.
- Domain 4: Start-Up : Start-up/Shutdown Procedures for Processes involving Pressure, Level, Flow, and Temperature Measurement/ Final Control Elements/ Troubleshooting Procedures during Start-up and Shut-down.
- CCST Exam : Exam requirements/ Practice exams.
Classroom/ Laboratory Exercises :
- Unit conversion calculations.
- Calibration documentation and analysis.
- Trouble recognition and analysis.
- ISA CCST Exam Level I daily practice exams.