>> Maintaing Pneumatic Control Valves, Controllers & Transmitters
This course shows you how to correctly install, calibrate, and maintain pneumatic instruments, emphasizing valves, valve positioners, controllers, and transmitters. This course also explain how pneumatic instruments function in the control loop.
You will be able to :
- Use P&IDs and loop diagram symbols to identify pneumatic devices.
- Operate pneumatic instruments such as transmitters, controllers, recorders, relays, transducers, and control valves.
- Identify correct installation procedures for pneumatic instruments.
- Implement a preventative maintenance program.
- Accurately calibrate pressure transmitters (zero-based, elevation, and suppression)
- Evaluate various pneumatic calibration devices.
- Align and calibrate pneumatic transmitters and controllers.
- Interpret manufacturers' instructions to maintain pneumatic instruments.
You will cover :
- Overview of Drawings and Schematics : P&IDs / Lop Diagram Symbols.
- Function and Installation : Transmitters/ Controllers/ Recorders/ Relays/ Ancillary Devices (Square Root Extractors, Pneumatic Set, Auto-To-Manual Switches, Ratio Controllers)/ Valves and Transducers/Flow Primary Elements.
- Alignment : transmitters/ Controllers/ Control Valves.
- Calculation for Elevation or Suppression and Calibration : Transmitters/ Controllers/ Indicators.
- Using Test Equipment : Measuring Input Values/ Measuring Output Values.
- Instrument Calibration : Set up/ Equipment/ Determining Errors and Corrective Action/ Documenting Results/ Deadweight Tester/ Pressure Calibrators/ PSI Calibration Devices/ Inches Water Calibration Devices.
- Instrument Air : Clean and Dry / Why needed / How Different from Plant Air/ Potential Problems when not available.
- Pneumatic Control Valves : Valve Types/Actuators/ Positioners.
Classroom/Laboratory Exercises :
- Use deadweight testers for gage calibration.
- Calibrate and align a pressure transmitter.
- Calibrate a differential pressure transmitter.
- Calibrate a bubble tube level measurement system.
- Align and calibrate a pneumatic controller.
- Connect and observe the operation of relays and transducers.
- Check the operation of a control valve.
- Align and calibrate a pneumatic positioner.
- Perform pipe bending for pneumatic device installation.